I will keep this short I’ve have move many WordPress sites and in the process you learn different ways to do it! But so far this is the best one for me. Remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion this might work for you but not everyone.
This will be a step-by-step tutorial with screen captures included (click to make bigger).
In my case I work with cPanel:
First you will go to your phpMyAdmin and download your current WordPress Database:
1. Select the database of the WordPress Site you are going to move
2. Click on the "EXPORT" button on the top menu bar
3. Please check that you have "Quick" as the Export Method. Under Format "SQL" and just click GO!
4. Now you will go to your FTP program (or your prefer method) and download ALL of the content of your WordPress Site.
I’ll skip this screen capture assuming you already know this
5. Now you will upload all of your content to your new hosting/server (Assuming you already created the domain/sub-domain as you need)
6. Once everything is upload on your new host/server we'll go to MySQL Databases and created a new Database and User for your WordPress Site. Don't forget to assign your Username to your Database give "ALL PRIVILEGES" (collect this data you will need it latter).
7. Now you'll go back to phpMyAdmin on your new host/server select the empty Database you just created an click the "IMPORT" button on the top menu bar.
8. Import your Database! Make sure all the options on the Screen Capture are selected.
9. Once your database is uploaded you'll need to go to the file "wp-config.php" (It should be on the main directory of your WordPress Site) and Edit the Database Name, Database User and Database Password.
Now everything is supposed to be working properly just visit your blog’s URL and login.
Questions? leave a comment!